Most homeowners consider durability the most important factor when choosing a new flooring material with style coming in a close second. There’s no doubt that floors take the most beating in any part of your home. However, you no longer have to choose one function over the other—you can get the best of both worlds by choosing the right flooring material.
At Richmond VA Flooring, we’re one of the premier expert flooring companies in Richmond that offer a range of top-quality flooring options, including wooden flooring in Richmond. When you enlist our services, we’ll guide you in picking the best possible flooring material that delivers the feel, look, and function you desire.
What is the Best Flooring for Your Home?
Flooring solutions vary in terms of durability, aesthetic appeal, and function. To aid you in narrowing down your options, below are some of the popular flooring types used in homes.
Vinyl is an ideal choice for heavy traffic areas or sections of your house with a lot of moisture. The material is easy to maintain and very durable, making it a cost-effective option. Besides, vinyl can be designed to resemble different materials. As such, it’s incredibly versatile in terms of design.
- This Richmond VA flooring type doesn’t absorb moisture; thus, it can be installed in humid basements and bathrooms.
- Vinyl has a soft landing that makes it a great option for rooms like your kitchen, where you may need to stand for extended periods.
- Years of exposure to sunlight causes vinyl to fade
- Vinyl doesn’t totally mimic other materials as good as laminate and other flooring types.
Hardwood is a timeless option that’s not only durable but also stylish. When well-maintained, hardwood floors increase the resale value of your home. This flooring material comes in a range of stains, patterns, styles, and textures.
- The durability of hardwood floors enables them to look great for years to come as long as they’re well maintained.
- Hardwood is perfect for high-traffic areas in your home.
- Cleaning this flooring type is as simple as using a clean, dry cloth to wipe it.
- They're not suitable for places with excess moisture or humidity, such as laundry rooms and bathrooms.
- Hardwood floors are susceptible to scratches and dings.
- If you’re on a budget, hardwood floors are relatively expensive and may not be the perfect choice for you.
Four layers of melamine materials are combined into one and referred to as laminate. Laminate can be made to mimic tile, stone, or hardwood, making it easy to blend into any design theme in your home.
- The material is incredibly sturdy and can be used throughout your home, even in very wet areas depending on what you select.
- Laminate doesn’t stain easily and can be cleaned by using a damp mop, vacuuming, and sweeping.
- You can't resurface laminate flooring, as is the case with hardwood floors. Therefore, you might be forced to replace the damaged areas.
- Unless a special padding is used beneath a laminate flooring in Richmond, VA, it will produce a hollow sound when walking in it.
Get Your Dream Floor Today
At Richmond VA Flooring, our flooring contractors in Richmond, Virginia strive to ensure 100 percent client satisfaction in service delivery. Additionally, we offer expert advice on the variety of flooring materials that can suit your project best. Get a free quote today for wooden flooring in Richmond and other flooring types: http://www.richmondvaflooring.com/contact.html.